Friday, August 26, 2011

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)

Do you belong to a CSA?

This is my first year experiencing the benefits a CSA has to offer.  Each week we are treated to such wonderful organic produce.  Some of which we get to pick ourselves which makes the experience of bringing the food home and eating it so much funner and tastier. 

These farms are all over so chances are there's one closer than you realize.  So please if you're thinking about joining give it a try.  Support your local farmer and eat some of the best eats you could be eating.  I'm a member of the Common Threads Farm in Madison.  I love everything they have to offer.  Check out their website if you're curious how it works.  The weekly newsletters give you a really good idea of what to expect.


 Fresh flowers on the table each week is such a treat!

These are the goodies we came home with last week.  








"It's a Garlic Party!"  (as my daughter calls it)










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my local farmers market... sooooo many wonderful things and the best part is talking with the farmers themselves they always have the best recipes for the fresh produce they sell and the flowers, oh my goodness don't even let me get started I could go on all day about how much I am obsessed with flowers.

    ReplyDelete